Do you ever wish your kids listened better than they do? As parents, how do we foster their cooperation while still honoring their independent will? In this episode, Nicholeen Peck (parenting mentor, author, and founder of Teaching Self-Government) shares practical strategies to help kids learn the important skill of respectfully following directions and accepting a "no."
Today's guest, Nicholeen Peck, is a worldwide phenomenon and leader. Her proven parenting principles and self-government skills transform all children, from tantruming toddlers to even the most troubled teens. The world saw this in 2009 when the BBC, in England, featured her and her family in a documentary called The World’s Strictest Parents. The Peck family episode became the “most watched episode ever” because of the amazing transformation their calm parenting approach brought about in the troubled British teens who stayed in their home. Over the years, the Peck family had a lot of practice parenting troubled teens as foster parents for treatment foster children.
Nicholeen knows that to change the heart of one child, parents must have a parenting heart-change first. So, for the past 23 years she has spent her life helping parents learn the skills that they need to unite the hearts in their families. She’s the author of 11 books, including her best selling book Parenting A House United, and her very popular children’s book series that teach the Four Basic Self-Government Skills to children. She is a sought after speaker around the globe and even consults at global congresses and the Untied Nations as she tries to protect children and women as well as strengthen families. You can learn more from Nicholeen on her YouTube channel
“Teaching Self-Government,” on the “Teaching Self-Government Podcast
,” and at her website teachingselfgovernment.com
For more info on the Compassion Parenting retreat go HERE
! We hope you can join us in beautiful St. George, Utah!
"Helping Kids Learn to Listen" with Nicholeen Peck © Mary Illions Wilde, MD
To subscribe on iTunes: go to iTunes store→ Music→ podcasts→ type in "Compassion Parenting" in search & click on icon→ click “subscribe” button
To Leave a Podcast Review
Leaving a podcast review at iTunes isn't intuitive. But positive ratings are hugely important: they help the podcast get discovered by new people. Please spend 5 minutes of your time to leave a review using one of the methods below.
How to leave a podcast review using Apple’s Podcast app
- Launch Apple’s Podcast App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Compassion Parenting Podcast”) into the search field
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. (Enter your iTunes password to login). You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
How to leave a podcast review at iTunes
- Go to the iTunes page of the Compassion Parenting Podcast.
- Click the "View in iTunes" button.
- At iTunes, click the Ratings and Reviews tab.
- You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
**When you’ve written a review, tag me or msg me on IG @compassionparenting & I’ll give you a shoutout on my story & a personal TY!
xo, Dr. Mary